1. Insert the key into the ignition, and turn it to the ON position (as far as you can go without cranking the engine).
2. Press and hold the receiver PROGRAMMING SWITCH/BUTTON for 3 seconds (see figure). In some cases the button cannot be accessed with a finger, use a pencil or similar narrow object to poke through the Programming Button access hole. For most vehicles, the receiver is located underneath either the driver or passenger front seats. On others it is behind the driver’s dash. In the case of some Camry’s, the receiver can be accessed by gently prying out the black face plate behind the mirror control switch. The black faceplate is approx. 5 inches wide by 3 inches tall.
3. The STATUS MONITOR LED (on dash or center console) turns on for 5 seconds. For some vehicles, a double chirp of the horn is heard instead of the flashing light.
4. Within 5 seconds of lighting the status MONITOR LED, press and release the transmitter’s TOP or BOTTOM button (either button on your REMOTE CONTROL can be programmed to operate the system – the other button can be programmed to operate a second Toyota vehicle with the same system).
5. The STATUS MONITOR LED turns off, the Piezo chirper chirps once, and the exterior lights flash once. In some cases, the only response is a single horn chirp.
6. To program an additional remote, repeat steps 2-4.7.
7. Turn OFF the ignition.