IMPORTANT: Before entering programming mode, have in possession all of the transmitters you will be using on the vehicle. Once you program the transmitter, all previous codes will be erased from the memory. The other transmitters will not be functional until you program the transmitters again.
1. Insert keys in ignition and leave in the OFF position.
2. Locate the Data Port.
3. Make sure there are metal contact pins in terminals 8 and 4. Connect 8 and 4 with a suitable jumper wire (leave the jumper wires connected throughout the programming procedure). Make sure you know which terminals are 8 and 4. The vehicle will respond by locking then unlocking the doors to signify entering of the programming mode.
4. Press and hold both the LOCK and UNLOCK buttons together on the first transmitter to be programmed. Up to about 30 seconds, the vehicle will respond by locking then unlocking the doors. Release the buttons on the transmitter.
5. Within one minute, repeat the previous step on the remaining transmitter (if any including your old one).
6. Remove jumper wire applied to the Data Port (disconnect 8 and 4).