06-11 Honda Pilot Control Keyless Procedures
Have all remotes for the vehicle on hand.
Make sure all the doors and rear hatch/trunk are closed
Only need to use 1 remote to get into program mode but all
remotes must be programmed during the same session.
Each step must be completed within 5 seconds.
1. Sit in the car with all doors/trunk tightly closed
2. Turn the key to the ON position, marked by “II” on the ignition bezel
so the dash lights come on, then within 5 seconds press the
“Lock” button on the remote for 1 second or so and release the
3. Turn the key to the OFF position, marked by “I” on the ignition
bezel – dash lights go off.
4. Repeat steps 2 & 3 three more times (A total of 4 times) each step
must be done within 5 seconds of the previous step.
5. Upon the 4th turning of the key to “ON”, press the lock button on
one remote, the locks will make a cycling sound (clunk), locks will
NOT lock or unlock at this point, they will just make a noise. The
system is now in programming mode. Do not turn key off.
6. Within 5 seconds of entering programming mode and within 5
seconds of each other, press the lock button ON EACH remote
you are programming, for a second or so and release. This step
needs to be completed within 10 seconds. Each time a remote
button is pushed, the locks should cycle. Up to 3 remotes can be
7. Turn ignition completely off and remove the key. Step out of car
and close door. The remotes should be programmed and should
work. If you have a trunk/hatch release, the button for this feature
needs to be held for a few seconds before the trunk/hatch will