This procedure only programs the remote portion of the key
and NOT the key itself
Have all remotes for the vehicle on hand.
Make sure all the doors and rear hatch/trunk are closed
Only need to use 1 remote to get into program mode but all
remotes must be programmed during the same session.
Each step must be completed within 5 seconds.
1. Sit in the car with all doors/trunk tightly closed
2. Turn the key to the ON position, marked by “II” on the ignition bezel
so the dash lights come on, then within 5 seconds press the
“Lock” button on the remote for 1 second or so and release the
3. Turn the key to the OFF position, marked by “I” on the ignition
bezel – dash lights go off.
4. Repeat steps 2 & 3 three more times (A total of 4 times) each step
must be done within 5 seconds of the previous step.
5. Upon the 4th turning of the key to “ON”, press the lock button on
one remote, the locks will make a cycling sound (clunk), locks will
NOT lock or unlock at this point, they will just make a noise. The
system is now in programming mode. Do not turn key off.
6. Within 5 seconds of entering programming mode and within 5
seconds of each other, press the lock button ON EACH remote
you are programming, for a second or so and release. This step
needs to be completed within 10 seconds. Each time a remote
button is pushed, the locks should cycle. Up to 3 remotes can be
7. Turn ignition completely off and remove the key. Step out of car
and close door. The remotes should be programmed and should
work. If you have a trunk/hatch release, the button for this feature
needs to be held for a few seconds before the trunk/hatch will