- Have both remotes that will be matched to the car present,
even if only is new. Remove the keys from the ignition and
have them in your possession.
- Open the trunk and pull back the trunk side carpet on the
passenger side. Locate a single plug connector hanging
from the wire harness. This is the “Program Connector”
- Use a jumper wire with alligator clips at both ends to ground
the program connector to a bolt such as antenna bolt. Grounding
the program terminal erases the system memory and causes
the doors to lock and unlock once.
- Keeping the jumper wire connected press any button on first
remote. The vehicle will respond by door locks locking and
unlocking. If you have a second remote to program press any
button on it and the doors locks will lock and unlock again.
- Remove jumper wire and test remotes.