94-02 BMW 7 Series (E38) Remote Entry Programming\
Key and remote program only when key added or replaced or malfunction.
- Unlock vehicle using key UNLOCK button
- Enter vehicle. Close driver’s door
- Switch ignition ON and oFF
- Programming mode activatedNOTE: E46/Z3 convertible: Point key at rear-view mirror. Except E46/Z3 convertible: Point key at radio aerial (located in rear window)
- Proceed as follows:
- Press and hold key UNLOCk button
- Pres LOCK button  3 times within 10 seconds keeping UNLOCK button depressed
- Release key UNLOCK button
- System should lock and unlock vehicle to indicate programming has been successful
- Repeat above procedure to program remaining keys
NOTE: A maximum of 4 keys can be programmed. Carry out programming procedures for each key within 30 seconds.
Replacement key already programmed, For immobilizer system to learn new key, proceed as follows. 1. Insert key into ignition witch, switch ignition ON and OFF.